We exhibit work by Vermont Artists -- unique, inspiring – and affordable!
Glass Art: Molten Color and Frozen Forms
On view March 24 through May 14, 2017
The exhibit features work by three CSG Member artists who are masters of working with glass, and eight emerging glass artists. Master glass artists include Alyssa Oxley, who specializes in kiln formed glass sculpture; Bud Shriner, founder of Church and Maple hand-blown glass; and Micaela Wallace, who specializes in fused glass jewelry and functional objects. The exhibit also showcases the creations of emerging glass artists Anne Hulvey, Mary Ellen Jeffries, Gretchen King, Cherie Marshall, Lori Pietropaoli, Catherine Suiter, Diane Rippa and Christy Witters. These artists incorporate a wide array of techniques -- cutting, fusing, sand blasting, dropping, slumping, blowing -- to create unique examples of contemporary glass art. On view during gallery hours Wednesday through Sunday, Noon through 5pm and by appointment. Contact us at email@example.com . Opening reception with wine tasting Friday, March 24 from 5-8pm.
Gallery Artists Group Show - Ongoing
For the young and young at heart, discover Libby Davidson’s “color your own” kits; Celia Oliver’s whimsical fabric chickens and owls; fairy houses by Lizzy Woolf and Janet Seaburg; puzzles by Janet Seaburg, and art supplies, books and DVDs from Sean Dye.
- For the home, Peter Jensen has created new designs with inlaid wood, from breadboards and coasters to a selection of occasional tables. Check out porcelain pottery by Judith Bryant, stoneware by Ken Martin, and Laura Fall, and stunning glass by Bud Shriner, Alyssa Oxley, and Micaela Wallace.
- Dress for the season in stylish felted hats and silk scarves by Marsha Chase, or cosy mittens by Celia Oliver. Our selection of jewelry includes the work of silversmith Kathy Mitchell, glass artist Micaela Wallace, painted shell earrings by Jane Nevins, and intricate beaded necklaces by Joan Burt.
- For the home: fragrant beeswax candles by Karen Emerson, flame-colored copper ornaments and sculptures by John Arthur.
- Bring some color into your life: with stunning Vermont photographs by Lynn Clauer and Daniel Doyle, hand-colored woodcuts by Jean Kerr-Lewis, vivid abstracts by Georgina Forbes and Bonnie Melnick; lively mixed media pieces by Marilyn Gillis, Gary Tobler, Pamela Murphy, and Janet Seaburg.
- Find an Heirloom for that special someone: Icon paintings by Julner Remy, or Vermont views and more, by Sean Dye, Fiona Cooper Fenwick, Celia Oliver, Carol Calhoun, Libby Davidson, Kathy Mitchell, Karin Hardy, Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams, Judith Rey, Robert Deyette and Ann Sage.
214 Main Street, Suite 1, Vergennes, VT 05491
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/CreativeSpaceGallery